Beauty College Online Learning

Chase your dream career no matter where you live

December 03, 2014 Posted By Ella Baché

Sophie Ambrose never thought she’d find the time to study for her dream career in beauty therapy, until she discovered the Ella Baché College Stellar Online Learning Program.

The unique and innovative Stellar Online Learning Program has been designed for students needing the flexibility to access their study remotely rather than attending on campus.

After working as a travel consultant for seven years, Sophie decided to take the leap into beauty therapy – starting an online course with Ella Baché College in 2014.

When I was 17, I worked in a beauty salon and absolutely loved the experience of making people feel good, but then life changed and took a different course,” she says.

Ambrose, who lives in East Gosford (NSW), chose Ella Baché College after doing a lot of research into her options.

I really felt Ella Baché College had the best education and training, and my friends in the industry recommended the course.

The online course fits in with her family life and part-time work. “I don’t have to live in Sydney to do the course, and I can study at night when my little girl is asleep,” Ambrose adds.

Meredith, our Head of Academic Studies, says online learning allows people access to education wherever they live, as well as giving flexibility that you can’t get from a traditional classroom environment.

Students can access the theory components and learning materials online, but they also have the opportunity to attend six practical workshops throughout their Diploma, where they’ll improve their skills learning from our team of professional beauty trainers,” Meredith says.

Students achieve a Beauty Diploma with the Stellar Online Learning Program in just two years, with the course duration divided into six trimesters, each with a compulsory practical workshop component. 

Study is self-directed for the theory components but students have access to an online team of qualified and experienced trainers, plus support from fellow students.

High-quality video seminars are available on the portal so students can easily visualise treatments as they are learning the theory.

The Stellar Online Learning Program also provides scheduled virtual classrooms, similar to webinars, where a trainer is present for questions and students can interact with peers.

I’m actually amazed by the online portal,” says Ambrose. It really is user friendly – people not great with computers would find it easy to understand, even at 11pm at night. Also, the video tutorials make things easy to follow and are very helpful if you’re more of a visual learner.”

Get a sneak peek at what it's like to study beauty therapy online with Ella Baché College here.